An increasing number of innovative young businesses are continuing to turn into hopeful prospects for the German economy. In Germany alone, 5,000 start-ups currently inspire the country’s future viability with their ideas. Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich and other metropolitan areas are proving to be interesting locations for the international community of entrepreneurs.
We have successfully advised young businesses on the setting up and subsequent growth of their businesses. We support start-ups in the early planning stages, the actual setting up of their businesses as well as in the commencement of business activities. In the beginning, corporate matters are of particular importance, but also issues surrounding the use of intellectual property. In addition, we offer start-ups the full range of legal support in all issues when setting up their companies, such as advising on questions of tax and employment law and commercial property and questions involving landlord-tenant law. You can find more information on our range of services at www.startupberater.com.
Our focus areas:
- Setting up of companies (advice during the planning phases, particularly on the choice of suitable legal structures and company names; drafting the incorporation documents, e.g. customized articles of association for companies with one shareholder or multiple shareholders)
- Financing of start-up businesses (private equity, debt capital, investment funding)
- Corporate law advice during the commencement of business operations (representation of the company, personal liability for company obligations, changes in the company)
- Advice on financing further growth (private equity, venture capital, mezzanine, other financing models)
- Acquiring and securing domains, trademarks, know how etc. (registration and protection of IP)
- Advice on customer acquisition and advertising (e-commerce, data protection, competition law, third party IP rights)
- Tax law advice (including optimization of taxation, claiming losses)
- Employment law advice (drafting employment agreements, managing director service contracts)
- Drafting general terms and conditions, distribution agreements, licensing contracts, purchase agreements and other contracts
- Advice on landlord-tenant law and trade law (business registration, businesses requiring a license)
- Advice on agreements covering eventualities (e.g. prenuptial agreements)
- Representing clients in disputes out of court and in litigation