Graf von Westphalen is proud of its long history of working for clients from the UK and other English-speaking, common law countries. We understand their specific needs in connection with entering into the German and continental European markets, with acquiring German companies or assets and with negotiating cross-border transactions with their German business partners.
Our multidisciplinary UK Desk is made up of lawyers with vast experience in international matters involving UK clients. Several lawyers have been legally trained in the UK. Combined with excellent language skills and the reasonable fee structure of a German mid-sized business law firm, this makes us the prime partner for any UK company seeking business opportunities in Germany.
We also maintain strong links to a network of business law firms and to advisers in all European countries with whom we work on a daily basis. We are experienced in managing multinational matters whilst serving as a single point of contact to our clients.
Europe is our home base. Overseas clients will benefit from our expertise in guiding them through what may otherwise appear to be a maze of different legal systems, and they will benefit from our expertise in providing straight-forward, cost-efficient, professional legal advice.
Our services for UK clients include:
- M&A transactions
- Setting up joint ventures
- Due diligence in the areas of tax, employment, IP, IT and etc.
- Drafting and negotiating English documentation for distribution, IP, IT and other business transactions
- Cross-border finance
- Support in international and German litigation, including arbitration
- Tax structuring and tax disputes
- Employment law, handling both individual disputes with employees as well as advising on complex issue in collective bargaining law such as works councils and collective bargaining agreements